Pool and Spa Inspections
Prism Home and Building Inspections offer swimming pool and spa inspections following the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Auxiliary Standards of Professional Practice for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Inspections. Standard inspection components include:
- the visible parts of interior finish materials,
- the visible parts of decks, steps inside the swimming pool/spa shell, and coping,
- the visible parts of pumps, motors, blowers, skimmer, filters, drains, heaters, automatic safety controls, gauges, visible piping and valves, conduit,
- cross connections in the water supply system,
- external bonding of the pump motors, blowers, heaters, and other components that are required to be bonded,
- operation of readily accessible lights, ground fault circuit interrupters, electrical components, and timer assemblies that are related to the pool or spa,
- the visible parts of permanently installed handrails and ladders,
- for the presence of safety barriers and alarms,
- for the presence of entrapment prevention components,
- vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls that are likely to adversely affect the swimming pool or spa,
Sometimes, an inspector will recommend a follow up inspection from a technical specialist for further evaluation.
Like all home systems, maintaining a pool or spa is critical. Homeowners should regularly clear debris and make sure the chemicals levels are correct. Additionally, checking safety devices, such as gates, ladders, handrails, and electrical components is paramount. Most of those components are relatively inexpensive. But they can be extremely dangerous if not properly maintained.
For more information on the ASHI Auxiliary Standards of Professional Practice for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Inspections, please click here.
PRISM HOME AND BUILDING INSPECTIONS. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT.
We guarantee ALL our work.
Over 20 years serving your community.
Fully Licensed and Insured.